COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
• Parents will be unable to enter the school and will drop off and pick-up at the main entrance of the school. During this process, parents are required to wear a mask and practice social distancing, staying six feet away from other adults and children.
• All parents are required to fill out a daily health assessment via Brightwheel recording their student's temperature by answering yes/no questions regarding COVID-19 symptoms.
• Parents will only be allowed into the building when no children are present (having completed a health assessment), or in the case of an emergency.
• Upon entry into the building, each student will have their temperature taken. The student’s guide will then perform a visual inspection for signs of illness including flushed cheeks, rapid breathing, difficulty breathing (without recent physical activity), fatigue or extreme fussiness. This classroom check will be performed again at the conclusion of the work-cycle at 11:30 a.m. and once more after the nap period has ended at 3 p.m. If during any of the three scheduled checks a student is found to be a health risk, their parent or guardian will be called immediately and they will be moved to our on campus Healing Haven (wellness room) with a staff member until picked up. Student’s must be picked up within one hour.
• Able Toddler II and Primary students are required to wear a face mask at all times unless they are eating or drinking.
• Guides are required to complete a daily health assessment and have their temperature taken upon entering the school using our state-of-the-art TEMPSAFE digital scanner.
• Guides are required to wear a face mask at all times unless they are eating or drinking. • Administrators will wear a mask and/or face shield at almost all times of the day except when they are not in the presence of parents, staff or students.
• Touchless hand washing sinks are in each classroom for adults and age appropriate students, in addition to the restrooms.
• All campus door handles will be equipped with NanoSeptic, nano-technology-powered, self-cleaning surfaces.
• A janitorial staff will deep clean STEAMspark daily upon dismissal of the last student. • High-touch point areas will be sanitized throughout the day, in addition to common spaces before a new group enters the space after another.
• Guides will regularly sanitize materials and high-touch point areas of the classroom after each usage.
• Guides and students will be required to wash their hands before and after engaging with materials, eating, using the bathroom, and returning from a transition (i.e. playground or SparkHub).
• Social distancing will be taught and encouraged in the classroom (i.e. blow a kiss, air high-five, waving, thumps up, etc.)
*As we continue monitoring requirements and recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), Texas Education Agency (TEA) and Texas Childcare Licensing (TCL), our COVID-19 policies and procedures may change to become more lenient or strict in regards to the severity of the virus. Upon updating this document, a notification will be sent to your family via Brightwheel for your review and understanding.